Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this on the internet- it is credited to Fred Peters.
Make and share this Wheat-free, Dairy-free Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup nuts
- 1 3⁄4 cups amaranth flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Process the 1/4 cup nuts in a blender or food processor until finely ground.
- Stir together the nuts with the flour, arrowroot and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the bananas, oil, honey, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients- try not to overmix.
- Fold in the chopped nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9x5" loaf pan or 2 7x3" pans.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for about 10 min, then turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely.