This is a simple yellow cake that is easy to make and very tasty. It can also be cut into slices and served with fruit.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Prepare cake pan: Line 8-inch round or square cake pan with parchment paper and grease bottom and sides of the pan. Then flour the pan.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add vegetable oil, soy milk, and vanilla extract; whisk until no lumps appear and batter is smooth.
- Add vinegar, stir about seven times, and quickly pour into pan.
- Bake around 30 minutes, until cake begins to pull away from sides and/or toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean.
- Let sit for ten to fifteen minutes, invert, and cool on rack.