Yummy burgers that came across on accident! This is a variation on Rachael Ray's Turkey Club Burgers. I make this using Fresh Basil Pesto - Freezer Directions ( http://www.food.com/recipe/fresh-basil-pesto-freezer-directions-454141 )
- 4 slices bacon, good quality
- 1 lb ground turkey breast (or use 1/2 chicken and 1/2 turkey)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 large shallots or 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto (I have a freezer recipe for this)
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 buns (RR recommends whole-wheat Keiser) or 4 rolls (RR recommends whole-wheat Keiser)
- 12 pieces green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices tomatoes, ripe
- mozzarella cheese (omit for dairy free)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Bake bacon on slotted broiler pan until crisp 15-20 minutes.
- Combine meat with paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning, parsley and shallots. Mix well and form into 4 (1/4 pound) patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook meat patties 4-5 minutes per side. (can be cooked on the grill as well).
- Mix pesto and mayonnaise. I make my pesto [Fresh Basil Pesto - Freezer Directions] homemade - omit the cheese, and freeze it. I thawed a cube of pesto and then added that mayonnaise. Easy!
- Split and toast rolls.
- Place cheese (omit for dairy free) and burgers on bun bottoms and top with 2 slices bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and set in place. Top bun tops with pesto mayonnaise and set in place.
SO delicious and full of flavor! These are definitely going to be made again in our house!