Yummy burgers that came across on accident! This is a variation on Rachael Ray's Turkey Club Burgers. I make this using Fresh Basil Pesto - Freezer Directions ( http://www.food.com/recipe/fresh-basil-pesto-freezer-directions-454141 )
- 4 slices bacon, good quality
- 1 lb ground turkey breast (or use 1/2 chicken and 1/2 turkey)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 large shallots or 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto (I have a freezer recipe for this)
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 buns (RR recommends whole-wheat Keiser) or 4 rolls (RR recommends whole-wheat Keiser)
- 12 pieces green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices tomatoes, ripe
- mozzarella cheese (omit for dairy free)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Bake bacon on slotted broiler pan until crisp 15-20 minutes.
- Combine meat with paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning, parsley and shallots. Mix well and form into 4 (1/4 pound) patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook meat patties 4-5 minutes per side. (can be cooked on the grill as well).
- Mix pesto and mayonnaise. I make my pesto [Fresh Basil Pesto - Freezer Directions] homemade - omit the cheese, and freeze it. I thawed a cube of pesto and then added that mayonnaise. Easy!
- Split and toast rolls.
- Place cheese (omit for dairy free) and burgers on bun bottoms and top with 2 slices bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and set in place. Top bun tops with pesto mayonnaise and set in place.