1/2 Photos of Turkey Pesto Burgers - Dairy Free Option
Emmelyn Johnson's Note:
Yummy burgers that came across on accident! This is a variation on Rachael Ray's Turkey Club Burgers. I make this using Fresh Basil Pesto - Freezer Directions ( http://www.food.com/recipe/fresh-basil-pesto-freezer-directions-454141 )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, good quality
- 1 lb ground turkey breast (or use 1/2 chicken and 1/2 turkey)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 large shallots or 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto (I have a freezer recipe for this)
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 buns (RR recommends whole-wheat Keiser) or 4 rolls (RR recommends whole-wheat Keiser)
- 12 pieces green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices tomatoes, ripe
- mozzarella cheese (omit for dairy free)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Bake bacon on slotted broiler pan until crisp 15-20 minutes.
- 3Combine meat with paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning, parsley and shallots. Mix well and form into 4 (1/4 pound) patties.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook meat patties 4-5 minutes per side. (can be cooked on the grill as well).
- 5Mix pesto and mayonnaise. I make my pesto [Fresh Basil Pesto - Freezer Directions] homemade - omit the cheese, and freeze it. I thawed a cube of pesto and then added that mayonnaise. Easy!
- 6Split and toast rolls.
- 7Place cheese (omit for dairy free) and burgers on bun bottoms and top with 2 slices bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and set in place. Top bun tops with pesto mayonnaise and set in place.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Pesto Burgers - Dairy Free Option
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 387.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: