Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
comfort food - lactose free
Make and share this Tuna Noodle Casserole - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup whipped salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unblanched almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles until al dente (tender but firm to bite), approximately 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled noodles, tuna, green onions, celery and red pepper.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together chicken stalk, salad dressing, pepper and tarragon until well combined. Pour over noodle mixture and combine. Spoon into casserole dish (2L).
- Prepare the topping: In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs, almonds and vegetable oil. Sprinkle evenly over top of casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until headed through.
Good taste but sauce was very watery. I'll try adding some flour to the stock.