Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Why give up comfort foods when you can still have them dairy free?
Make and share this Tuna-Fish Casserole - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces uncooked noodles (egg, bow ties, fettuccine as some examples)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 5 large mushrooms, cleaned and sliced or 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 7 ounces tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup saltines or 1⁄4 cup potato chips, crumbled
- Cook pasta in water until done.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt margarine in a small fry pan. Saute mushrooms.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in flour, make sure all flour is moistened by the margarine.
- Stir in broth and stir until no lumps.
- Return pan to heat, stirring until mixture has boiled for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Tuna, breaking it up as you do.
- Drain pasta and mix into sauce.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and top with crumbled crackers or potato chips.
- Bake until heated through and bubble around the edges, about 30 minutes.
Delicious! I was really wanting some comfort food, and this hit the spot. I doubled about everything, and added a half of a diced onion while sauteeing the mushrooms, then an extra 2 teaspoons of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and a cup or two of sweet peas. I didn't have any chips, so I topped it with french onions. Wow, it sure was delish! Thanks for a marvelous dairy-free recipe!
I should add I covered mine with prob a third of a bag of low fat kettle brand potato chips and that helped a lot with the missing flavor of the soup. A 1/4 cup as listed would hardly cover any of the large casserole.
This was pretty good! I made it wheat free by substituting rice for the pasta and corn starch for the flour. It "barely" served 4... with two of those being children. Next time I'll add more veggies. Nice recipe!