I came up with this dish when craving carbonara but not wanting to use cream and also keeping fat low. Also, my daughter is allergic to milk so I try to keep her in mind when cooking. I trimmed some of the fat off of the bacon to keep it lean. This was enough for my hubby, me, and 2 year old (with a bit left). Cook time for pasta is included in the prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin boiling water for pasta.
- 2Soak sun dried tomatoes to soften in warm water. When softened, dice into pieces.
- 3Dice onion and garlic and cut bacon into small pieces.
- 4Heat oil in pan and add onion, garlic, and bacon. When slightly cooked, add diced sun dried tomatoes. and continue to cook until bacon is slightly crisp. Remove from heat.
- 5Whisk eggs with white wine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6When pasta is done, drain and immediately add to bacon mixture and add eggs. Stir quickly to allow for even cooking of eggs from the heat of the pasta.
- 7Serve with parmesan on top if you wish.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti (Not Quite) Carbonara - Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 134.8 mg
- Sodium 279.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 14.3 g