Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yep, it's another one of my creations, and this one is probably my simplest one yet, with the least ingredients, and so tasty! To ensure this is dairy-free, I used soy milk and soy yogurt. My favorite brand to use is Silk, and so I used Silk brand Organic Unsweetened Soy Milk and Silk Live! brand peach soy yogurt. I had previously sliced organic bananas that I had then frozen on a foil-lined baking sheet, and placed frozen slices into a freezer bag. I used frozen whole unsweetened strawberries from the freezer section of my grocery store. I was surprised, I did not add any honey, vanilla, or anything extra to this smoothie and I think it turned out just right, but if you desire, you may add additional ingredients. I love how smoothies can be so versatile. Hope you enjoy this! :) This filled approximately 3/4 of a 20oz bottle.
- 1⁄2 cup banana, sliced, frozen
- 4 -8 frozen unsweetened strawberries (amount depends on size of strawberries)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 6 ounces peach soy yogurt
- Put frozen sliced bananas and frozen whole strawberries into blender with the soy milk. Blend until smooth and thick.
- Add in peach soy yogurt, blend more until smooth. Serve immediately or refrigerate (shake up before drinking to redistribute anything that's settled), or freeze and thaw slightly.
This was a great smoothie ... in my top 10. I like having a banana in my smoothie but I don't like tasting it and this was perfect for me. I used 8 frozen strawberries and 1/4 cup soymilk for a smoothie creamy smoothie. Thanks I will be making this again.
Well, I didn't go dairy-free, but still ended up with a nice tasting smoothie! Also passed it on to my DIL who uses 'soy everything' & who also enjoys a good smoothie! I liked the combo of strawberry & peach flavors in this one! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]