This version is made with coconut milk. Serve with soy ice cream, bananas, meringues or sponge cake, or even try it with fritters (see my recipes for a lactose free fritter recipe).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place water and sugar in small saucepan over low heat.
- 2Stir until dissolved, then bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and leave for several minutes, add coconut milk and stir well.
- 4Mix arrowroot with a tbs of water until smooth and then pour arrowroot mixture into saucepan and stir over gentle heat to thicken slightly.
- 5Serve hot or cold. Makes just over 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Butterscotch Sauce - Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g