Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This version is made with coconut milk. Serve with soy ice cream, bananas, meringues or sponge cake, or even try it with fritters (see my recipes for a lactose free fritter recipe).
- Place water and sugar in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until dissolved, then bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave for several minutes, add coconut milk and stir well.
- Mix arrowroot with a tbs of water until smooth and then pour arrowroot mixture into saucepan and stir over gentle heat to thicken slightly.
- Serve hot or cold. Makes just over 1 cup.