1/1 Photo of Raisin Bread French Toast for One (Dairy Free)
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I love French Toast and so many of the recipes I've seen are for more then one person. So I came up with this one. If you don't like Nutmeg, use Cinnamon instead. I'm sure it will be just as tasty. I used agave instead of maple syrup because its low on the gylcemic index. You could use an unsweetened seed or nut milk instead of soy if you wish. I noticed that this recipe tastes like raisin bread pudding, another one of my favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast your raisin bread until the moisture is gone from the bread.
- 2While the bread is toasting combine the rest of the ingredients in a shallow dish and mix well to combine.
- 3Spray a non stick saute pan with oil and heat it so that it's fairly hot but not smoking.
- 4Thoroughly soak the raisin toast in the wet mixture. The idea is to absorb as much of the liquid into the toast as possible.
- 5Don't worry if you have extra. You can put it on top of the toast while it's cooking for extra flavor.
- 6Cook the two slices of toast until golden on both sides.
- 7Top with more agave nectar or maple syrup.
- 8Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisin Bread French Toast for One (Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 271.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: