Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love French Toast and so many of the recipes I've seen are for more then one person. So I came up with this one. If you don't like Nutmeg, use Cinnamon instead. I'm sure it will be just as tasty. I used agave instead of maple syrup because its low on the gylcemic index. You could use an unsweetened seed or nut milk instead of soy if you wish. I noticed that this recipe tastes like raisin bread pudding, another one of my favorites.
- Toast your raisin bread until the moisture is gone from the bread.
- While the bread is toasting combine the rest of the ingredients in a shallow dish and mix well to combine.
- Spray a non stick saute pan with oil and heat it so that it's fairly hot but not smoking.
- Thoroughly soak the raisin toast in the wet mixture. The idea is to absorb as much of the liquid into the toast as possible.
- Don't worry if you have extra. You can put it on top of the toast while it's cooking for extra flavor.
- Cook the two slices of toast until golden on both sides.
- Top with more agave nectar or maple syrup.
- Bon Appetit!