A yummy gluten, dairy, corn, egg, yeast, soy, and nut free breakfast. My toddler loves this too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash quinoa in a sieve thoroughly by rubbing it between your fingers. (This takes away any of its bitter taste).
- 2Drain well.
- 3Heat a small pot on med-high and dry toast the quinoa until lightly browned. Watching carefully.
- 4Add water, ground cardamom and saffron.
- 5Bring to a boil and reduce heat to med-low.
- 6Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes until cooked (When quinoas tails show).
- 7There still should be some liquid in the pot if not add an additional 1/4 cup water and mix.
- 8Gradually add the rice cereal a little at a time (This is important). Stir after each addition until thoroughly combined.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in honey.
- 10Serve as is or with rice milk.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Rice Breakfast (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g