Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A yummy gluten, dairy, corn, egg, yeast, soy, and nut free breakfast. My toddler loves this too.
Make and share this Quinoa Rice Breakfast (Gluten Free, Dairy Free) recipe from Food.com.
- Wash quinoa in a sieve thoroughly by rubbing it between your fingers. (This takes away any of its bitter taste).
- Drain well.
- Heat a small pot on med-high and dry toast the quinoa until lightly browned. Watching carefully.
- Add water, ground cardamom and saffron.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to med-low.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes until cooked (When quinoas tails show).
- There still should be some liquid in the pot if not add an additional 1/4 cup water and mix.
- Gradually add the rice cereal a little at a time (This is important). Stir after each addition until thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey.
- Serve as is or with rice milk.