This recipe makes a big batch (approximately 24!) of moist gluten-free, dairy-free pumpkin muffins that can be refrigerated or frozen. This recipe was designed specifically for "I Can't Believe It's Not Gluten! Gluten-Free Cake Flour Mix" as the gluten-free baking mix but you should be able to substitute any light, gluten-free flour mix that contains guar or xanthan gum.
- 591.47 ml gluten-free baking mix (must contain xanthan or guar gum)
- 177.44 ml coconut flour
- 425.24 g canunseasoned pumpkin puree
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml brown sugar or 236.59 ml sucanat
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 118.29 ml water or 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, then fold into dry mixture.
- Whisk all ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Place muffin liners into two 12-muffin pans, and spray the insides of the papers with baking spray.
- Distribute batter evenly between muffin liners (approximately 1/4 cup each). Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I made several substitution and the muffins were still delicious. I appreciate recipes that allow for some subbing! I used Red Mill All-purpose flour plus 2 t xanthan gum, used 1/2 splenda and 1/2 molasses, and 1/2 apple sauce plus 1/2 olive oil. I added walnuts and chopped dates for fun. Muffins are delicious!
Excellent! My son is GF and my daughter is DF so these are an easy win in our house. Brought these in for the teachers at my son's preschool and everyone raved about them. I used Bob's GF flour mix (2 cups), almond meal (1/2 cup) and coconut flour. Have used both rice milk and soy milk but I think almond or coconut milk would be especially good in this. My son likes to add mini choc chips to his part of the batch and I add chopped walnuts to mine. YUM!
Made these for Christmas for a family member that has a gluten allergy, and they came out great...everybody was eating them. Used Pamela's baking mix and halved the recipe and came out with a dozen large muffins. They were amazingly good!!!