This recipe makes a big batch (approximately 24!) of moist gluten-free, dairy-free pumpkin muffins that can be refrigerated or frozen. This recipe was designed specifically for "I Can't Believe It's Not Gluten! Gluten-Free Cake Flour Mix" as the gluten-free baking mix but you should be able to substitute any light, gluten-free flour mix that contains guar or xanthan gum.
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free baking mix (must contain xanthan or guar gum)
- 3⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1 (15 ounce) canunseasoned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup sucanat
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, then fold into dry mixture.
- Whisk all ingredients until combined and smooth.
- Place muffin liners into two 12-muffin pans, and spray the insides of the papers with baking spray.
- Distribute batter evenly between muffin liners (approximately 1/4 cup each). Bake for 20-25 minutes.