Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These muffins have no dairy, egg or fat added. They come out moist & delicious. I made these in a Muffin Magic appliance, not the oven, and they cook in less than half the time. You can also substitute Splenda Blend for Baking instead of white sugar (use 1/4 cup of the blend instead of 1/2 cup sugar).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add the pumpkin and raisins. Stir until just mixed. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling to just below the tops.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until tops of muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes in the pan, and then remove to a wire rack to cool.
Very dense. I used Rice milk instead off water and added 1 tblspoon of oil because the batter is very thick. DS is allergic to wheat. So I used all purpose flour and 1/4 tsp baking powder. Next time I will try Rice flour and cranberries. They where o.k. but I would have to tweak it some more for fluffiness and taste. Just my opinion.
Very tasty. A bit of a dense muffin...but good. My modifications: Added 1T molasses Used 1/2c milk instead of water. Added 1/2T of baking powder
These muffins were great!! I had to make some adjustments as I was out of whole wheat flour, so I used whole wheat pastry flour. I didn't find these too dense as others have stated, perhaps it's because of the different flour. I don't know. My daughter, 2, and husband all LOVED these!! Thank you, these will be a staple for us from now on!