1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Pie (Dairy Free, Soy Free, Gluten Free)
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
I know. How can a diary/soy/gluten free pie taste good? It really does! The texture wasn't quite as firm though. The recipe comes from godairyfree.com and calls for a gluten free pie crust. I am adding in the almond meal crust I used, or you can use your own. It has coconut milk, but you can't taste the coconut. I also used 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice instead. I would recommend a larger pie tin for this, as I had to scoop some out into a custard cup to bake separately.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup regular coconut milk (not lite)
- 1Preheat your oven to 425ºF. (Unless using the recipe's pie crust - see pie crust directions.).
- 2Combine the sugars, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg or allspice, cloves and salt in a small bowl.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar mixture, pumpkin, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the coconut milk.
- 4Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- 5Reduce the temperature to 350ºF and continue to bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. It may be a bit wobbly still, but it will firm-up as it cools.
- 6Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for 2 hours (Be patient! This is important). Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 7Pie Crust Directions:.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F Melt margarine and mix all ingredients directly in the pie pan. Pat into place with your fingertips.
- 9Bake for about 10 minutes (I baked mine about 20 and it never browned), until the crust is beginning to brown. Once it starts to brown it will burn quickly, so keep an eye on it.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pie (Dairy Free, Soy Free, Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.0
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 181.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Earth Balance margarine