The fall winds begin to blow, the streets are covered in fallen leaves, the days get short, and I begin to crave pumpkin pie. This one is super easy, and dairy free/pareve to boot. If you are tired like me, you will use a frozen pie crust and canned cooked pumpkin. If you are more energetic, you will make your own flaky crust, steam your own pumpkin, and feel very virtuous. Either system works.
- Whip eggs until frothy.
- Beat in sugar, then spices and salt.
- Add pumpkin and soy milk and beat until well blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes.
- reduce heat to 350F and bake for 30 to 35 more minutes.