A quick and easy way to take breakfast on the go, after the gym etc. Can make it wheat-free, dairy-free, and can easily be made vegetarian if wanted. Made in muffin tins so they are travel size and easy to re-heat.
- 1. chop or shred potatoes. I cook them until they are almost in the vegetable oil, but you can use frozen hash browns (the shredded ones) too and save some time.
- 2. cook the turkey bacon (sausage or real bacon will be fine too), cool, then chop.
- 3. Chop your veggies (whatever your favorites would be) and sautee lightly.
- 4. assemble the mini quiches- spray your muffin tin well. I try to mash the potatoes in the bottom of the muffin tin so the eggs cannot leak through. then put a spoonful of bacon and veggies in each one and fill up with egg liquid.
- 5. Bake at 375 for 15-20m until tops of quiches are no longer liquid.
- 6. If you like your potatoes crispier, you can bake the potatoes alone for a few minutes before you add everything else.
- 7. I bake them in large batches, freeze them, and then re-heat for a breakfast on the go.
- 8. if you can handle wheat, then you can also use pre-made pie crust to line the bottom of the muffin tins and then fill with eggs, veggies, and meat.
These were very easy to make. I used bell pepper and green onion for my veggies, and leftover roast duck meat instead of the bacon. I would suggest not using a silicone muffin pan, as you won't get the nice crispy texture to the potatoes :) Overall, I enjoyed this, and will make them again. Thanks for posting!