Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods. This is the ultimate comfort food. I used ground turkey and homemade beef broth. Use any gluten free baking mix. Or use Gluten Free Flour Blend. It worked great in the gravy. The original says 4 servings instant mashed potatoes, prepared, but I used homemade.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef or 453.59 g ground turkey
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 414.03 ml beef broth (approximately)
- 59.14 ml gluten-free flour
- onion salt or onion powder, to taste
- 2.46 ml pepper (or to taste)
- 354.88 ml frozen mixed vegetables, slightly thawed
- 473.18-709.77 ml mashed potatoes (instant prepared or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a frying pan, cook the beef with the onions until the latter are translucent; stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- Drain the drippings into a 2-quart glass measure and place the meat mix in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- To the pan drippings, add the beef broth to make 2 cups.
- In the frying pan, place flour mix and stir in the broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the gravy is thick.
- Season with onion salt and pepper and pour about half of the broth over the meat. Top with the mixed vegetables and spoon the mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Serve with the remaining warmed gravy.
Pretty good. Next time I will use more meat, veggiess and some spices as I used a full 3 cups of mashed potatoes and it was a little heavy on the potatoes.