WI Cheesehead's Note:
The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Comfort Foods. This is the ultimate comfort food. I used ground turkey and homemade beef broth. Use any gluten free baking mix. Or use Gluten Free Flour Blend. It worked great in the gravy. The original says 4 servings instant mashed potatoes, prepared, but I used homemade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g lean ground beef or 453.59 g ground turkey
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 414.03 ml beef broth (approximately)
- 59.14 ml gluten-free flour
- onion salt or onion powder, to taste
- 2.46 ml pepper (or to taste)
- 354.88 ml frozen mixed vegetables, slightly thawed
- 473.18-709.77 ml mashed potatoes (instant prepared or homemade)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a frying pan, cook the beef with the onions until the latter are translucent; stir in the Worcestershire sauce.
- 3Drain the drippings into a 2-quart glass measure and place the meat mix in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 4To the pan drippings, add the beef broth to make 2 cups.
- 5In the frying pan, place flour mix and stir in the broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until the gravy is thick.
- 6Season with onion salt and pepper and pour about half of the broth over the meat. Top with the mixed vegetables and spoon the mashed potatoes on top.
- 7Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Serve with the remaining warmed gravy.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Poor Man's Pie (Gluten Free Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.8
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 850.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 28.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: