1/3 Photos of Oh My!! Caramel Cake! Gluten, Dairy - Free!
This cake is divine! Set aside all your notions of gluten free food. This cake is dense, moist, and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package yellow gluten-free cake mix (such as Betty Crocker)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 ounces coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8 x 8 square pan or bundt pan with non-stick spray and gluten free flour.
- 2Combine all cake ingredients into a mixer and mix thoroughly, making sure you scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to incorporate all the flour.
- 3Pour into pan and place into oven. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly pressed with your finger and there are no soft spots.
- 4Prepare frosting by melting margarine and brown sugar and whisking together in a saucepan over medium heat. Add milk and vanilla, then bring to a boil while whisking. Remove from heat immediately and add 1.5 cups of the sugar while whisking.
- 5Add up to 1/2 cup more sugar as needed to thicken the frosting. Add more almond milk or dairy substitute to thin the mixture if it gets too thick. As it cools, it will thicken further. Pour/Ladle over your completely cooled cake while frosting is warm.
- 6Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature. Do not refrigerate. Consume within 3-4 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oh My!! Caramel Cake! Gluten, Dairy - Free!
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.9
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 466.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 79.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: