1/2 Photos of My Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Fat Tiramisù
1 hr 35 mins
A few months ago I found out to be not only a gluten intolerant but even a dairy intolerant too. I know how terrible is to prepare sweets and desserts for the others and to not have the possibility to try them. That's why I prepared my own Tiramisù! I've used the gluten-free angel food cake and prepared a low-fat cream with soy milk and cornstarch. It was almost like the real Tiramisù!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the Angel Food Cake
- 12 egg whites
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups artificial sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the cream
- 1Prepare the Angel Food Cake:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 3Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar and the salt until the soft peaks forms, then add 2 tbsp of the sweetener and continue to beat until the egg whites are very stiff.
- 4Stop to beat.
- 5In a bowl combine the cornstarch with the potato starch, the remaining sweetener and the vanilla, then sift this mixture up on the egg whites mixture.
- 6Stir very carefully to combine the ingredients.
- 7Pour batter into a rectangle baking sheet covered with ungreased baking wrap.
- 8Bake about 35 minutes.
- 9Do not under bake it.
- 10Top will be well browned.
- 11Immediately turn onto another baking wrap and allow to cool 5 minutes, then peel off the paper.
- 12While you're waiting to chill, prepare the cream:.
- 13In a deep saucepan combine the milk with the cornstarch and the sweetener. Pour over low heat uncovered. Stir continually about 5-6 minutes, until the mixture is thickened. Do not let it boil!
- 14Now, let's finish the Tiramisù:.
- 15Slice the Angel Food Cake into a 1/2 inch thin slices. wet them into the coffee and arrange some on the bottom of the serving bowl or into individual cups. Cover with cream. Repeat until all the angel food slices are finished. Cover with the remaining cream, sprinkle with some coffee powder.
- 16Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Low-Fat Tiramisù
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 314.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: