1 hr 40 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
I have tried so many gluten free bread recipes with no success. This is my first one that had a good texture and tastes good. It didn't rise above the pan, but I left out the vinegar. I thought vinegar was supposed to kill yeast? Maybe I'll try it with the vinegar next time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons fructose, divided
- 1 cup warm rice milk (110 degrees) or 1 cup soymilk (110 degrees)
Flour Blend (only use 2 cups in recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour
- 1 1/2 cups potato starch or 1 1/2 cups cornstarch or 1 1/2 cups arrowroot
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour or 1/2 cup almond flour or 1/2 cup bean flour or 1/2 cup chestnut flour
Rest of Recipe
- 1Greas 8x4-inch nonstick loaf pan.
- 2In bowl, combine yeast, 2 tsp of the sugar, and warm milk and set aside to let yeast foam, 5-10 minutes.
- 3In large bowl of a Bosch or Kitchen-Aid mixer, using beaters (not dough hooks), combine remaining ingredients, including remainder of sugar and the yeast mixture.
- 4Blend on low, then at medium speed for 1 minute, scraping down sides of bowl with spatula as necessary.
- 5Place dough in prepared pan. Smooth top of dough with wet spatula.
- 6Cover and let rise in warm place (75°-80°) for 30-40 minutes (mine took closer to 50 minutes), until dough is level with top of pan.
- 7Bake at 375° F for 50-55 minutes (do not underbake), covering with foil after 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning (important step!).
- 8Tap loaf with fingernail to check for doneness. A crisp, hard cound indicates a properly baked loaf. Turn out onto wire rack and cool thoroughly before slicing with electric or serrated knife.
- 9NOTE: Bread will be heavier and denser without eggs.
- 10Makes 1 loaf.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Multigrain Sandwich Bread (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.9
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 218.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: