Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Food Allergy Cookbook. No soy products. I tried this using half olive oil and half coconut oil. It thickened up in the fridge and tastes really good. It would even be good for mayo. I haven't tried the hand blender method, but I bet it would work great. Will try that next. I used 2 tsp apple cider vinegar.
- Place nuts in blender and blend to a fine powder.
- Add rice milk and salt. Blend on high a couple of minutes, until very smooth.
- Very, very slowly add oil through the lid while blender is running at med-low speed.
- When mixture has emulsified, and oil is incorporated, add vinegar, onion powder ang garlic powder. Mix well. If too thick for dipping, thin with water or rice milk to desired thickness.
- Once in awhile, mysteriously, this mixture fails to emulsify, and instead of being thick like dairy sour cream, is more the consistency of thick cream. It is still thick enough to use for most purposes.