Kiwi Kathy's Note:
I created this recipe as a way of getting my 2 year old grandson to eat meat (which he is reluctant to chew) and get some iron into this diet. He is allergic to wheat products, dairy and tomatoes. This recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious. I make it in a dish about half the size of a normal lasanga dish. When cold, I cut the lasagna into 8 servings, wrap in cling-wrap and freeze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g beef mince
- 1 onion, small and chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 tablespoon quinoa, grains
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon vegeatble instant bouillon granules, I use Rapunsel Organic Vegeatable Bullion
- 2 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- 16 rice & corn lasagna sheets, Orgran Mini sheets
- 1 1/2 cups rice milk
- 2 dsp cornflour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- breadcrumbs, gluten free (optional)
- 1Heat the olive oil, add the chopped onion, quinoa, garlic, grated carrot and courgette. Fir fry until softened and the onion is clear.
- 2Add the mince and parsley and stir until browned.
- 3Add about 3/4 cup of water and stock powder. Cook about 15 - 20 minutes. Add salt as required. The mixture should be very moist with obvious liquid remaining in the pan. This liquid gets absorbed by the pasta sheets when baking the lasagna.
- 4Make the white sauce by heating the Rice Milk with a bay leaf in a saucepan, reserving 1/4 cup of rice milk.
- 5Remove milk from stove top, remove the bay leaf.
- 6Mix the cornflour into the 1/4 cup of rice milk making sure there are no lumps. Stir into the heated rice milk and return to stove top. Stir continuously until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 7Assemble the lasanga. Pour a couple of tablespoons of meat mixture into dish. Cover with 8 Rice & Corn Lasagna sheets. Pour in half the meat mixture, then half the white sauce. Repeat with meat sauce, pasta sheets and lastly the remainder of white sauce.
- 8Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 9Cover with foil. Bake at 17 degrees C until cooked. Approximately 25 - 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lucas's Dairy Free Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 114.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant bouillon granules