After lots of adjusting I think I have finally come up with a satisfying muffin that our whole family enjoys! It was a challenge to make something gluten/egg/dairy free that is also low carb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 6 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unbleached cane sugar, organic
- 20 -40 drops liquid stevia (amount based on your desire for sweetness, I use 20 drops)
- 1/2 cup oil (I used melted coconut oil or light olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, dairy free
- 1/2-1 cup water
- 11) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 22) Mix 6 TBSP ground flax seeds and 1 cup warm water and set aside.
- 33) Mix rest of dry ingredients together.
- 44) Add oil, stevia, flaxseed goop, and add enough water so mixture binds together. The coconut flour will soak up water pretty quickly.
- 55) Place in muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Until they start to brown slightly on top.
- 6Recipe is enough to make 24 regular muffins or 12 large.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb/Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Egg Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: