Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After lots of adjusting I think I have finally come up with a satisfying muffin that our whole family enjoys! It was a challenge to make something gluten/egg/dairy free that is also low carb.
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 6 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar, organic
- 20 -40 drops liquid stevia (amount based on your desire for sweetness, I use 20 drops)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (I used melted coconut oil or light olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, dairy free
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2) Mix 6 TBSP ground flax seeds and 1 cup warm water and set aside.
- 3) Mix rest of dry ingredients together.
- 4) Add oil, stevia, flaxseed goop, and add enough water so mixture binds together. The coconut flour will soak up water pretty quickly.
- 5) Place in muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Until they start to brown slightly on top.
- Recipe is enough to make 24 regular muffins or 12 large.