1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came from Jamie Oliver internet forum. I have not tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the chickpeas in a food processor and blitz until they make a paste.
- 2Add the eggs, sugar, zest of the lemon and juice of half the lemon and blitz until it makes a batter.
- 3Pour into a well-greased and lined 2lb loaf tin, and cook in a medium oven, 160C, for around 45 minutes
- 4Remove from the oven and drizzle over the honey.
- 5Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then pour over the juice of the other half of the lemon.
- 6Leave to cool completely before removing, carefully, from the tin.
- 7This cake has the texture of Madeira cake, and really doesn't taste of chickpeas. You can also make it with orange and with lime. It will keep for up to a week, but does not freeze well.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Drizzle Chickpea Cake (Gluten, Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.3
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 139.5 mg
- Sodium 360.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g