Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from Jamie Oliver internet forum. I have not tried it yet.
Make and share this Lemon Drizzle Chickpea Cake (Gluten, Dairy Free) recipe from Food.com.
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor and blitz until they make a paste.
- Add the eggs, sugar, zest of the lemon and juice of half the lemon and blitz until it makes a batter.
- Pour into a well-greased and lined 2lb loaf tin, and cook in a medium oven, 160C, for around 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and drizzle over the honey.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then pour over the juice of the other half of the lemon.
- Leave to cool completely before removing, carefully, from the tin.
- This cake has the texture of Madeira cake, and really doesn't taste of chickpeas. You can also make it with orange and with lime. It will keep for up to a week, but does not freeze well.