Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from Jamie Oliver internet forum. I have not tried it yet.
Make and share this Lemon Drizzle Chickpea Cake (Gluten, Dairy Free) recipe from Food.com.
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor and blitz until they make a paste.
- Add the eggs, sugar, zest of the lemon and juice of half the lemon and blitz until it makes a batter.
- Pour into a well-greased and lined 2lb loaf tin, and cook in a medium oven, 160C, for around 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and drizzle over the honey.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then pour over the juice of the other half of the lemon.
- Leave to cool completely before removing, carefully, from the tin.
- This cake has the texture of Madeira cake, and really doesn't taste of chickpeas. You can also make it with orange and with lime. It will keep for up to a week, but does not freeze well.
I didn't like this recipe at all and would definitely not make it again. It was not so much a taste issue as a texture issue for me. It tasted extremely lemony and had the texture been more like cake then it would have been nice. However the texture was just so awful it outweighed any positive points, it was extremely dense and resembled cold gnocci in texture, which I found to be very unpalatable.
Great Recipe - unusual use for Chickpeas - never thought of using them in a cake. Having been a coeliac all my life I am always on the look out for new recipes and this one has been a real hit