Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I actually adapted this recipe from Gourmet Magazine, but there are similar recipes out there.
Make and share this Lactose Free Pumpkin Cheesecake (Could Be Dairy Free) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts (or optional gingersnap recipe below)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages soy cream cheese
- 8 -10 ounces tofu (soft or firm drained)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (Whole Milk, Vanilla Soy Yogurt can also be used)
- 4 eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 2 cups vegan sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar or 1 -2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon or 1 tablespoon Frangelico or 1 tablespoon Amaretto or 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (reduce sugar above) or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325/330.
- Press tofu in paper towel to remove excess water. Process or Blend Tofu and Soy Cream Cheese until smooth - the longer you process the smoother the tofu will get. Add sugar and lemon juice mix well. Mix in pumpkin and yogurt. Beat in eggs one at a time making sure not to over mix. Add flour vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg. Pour into crust. Put in oven until center is set about an hour, more or less depending on size and your oven - mines a little old.
- Optional Crust.
- 3/4 cup giner snap crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped.
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) soya butter (I like Earth Balance), melted and cooled.
- Combine the crumbs, ground pecans and the margarine together. Mix well and press into a spring-form pan. Chill 1 hour.
Thanks... This is a great recipe. I made mine dairy free, and it tasted great:)