Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I created this recipe when looking for a somewhat health-ier version of the classic oatmeal cookie. Here's what came of it, hope you like it :)
- Blend honey with the egg and oil.
- Sift flours, baking powder, and salt into the honey mix. Stir well.
- Add oats and mix until even.
- Stir in nuts and cranberries (if using).
- If necessary, cover and refrigerate dough 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, drop dough onto sheet.
- Bake, on the top rack, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheet 5 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack.
I was looking for some simple dairy free cookies and these are definitely it. They have a nice texture and flavour, although I did use macadamia nuts as I didn't have any walnuts in the cupboard. DH was a bit dubious because they were dairy free but he took a bite and said "these are good", so I'd make these again. Thanks for the recipe.
This was a really great base recipe. My daughter is allergic to milk. I did modify the recipe by adding 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and used pecans and raisins. I finally used an egg replacer for the egg. I was out of eggs, but I am excited to try the recipe again, using the exact ingredients. Anyways, for anyone that wants to know, it works as a vegan recipe too.