Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
a warm favourite from the past, re-made for the restricted diet.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Soup With Dumplings (Gluten, Dairy Free) recipe from Food.com.
- Salt and pepper chicken, and grill.
- Combine broth, veggies and chicken in a pot. this can be done before hand.
- About 20 minutes before you're ready to eat, bring soup to a boil.
- While waiting it to boil, prepare dumplings: whisk together egg and herbs/spices. mix xanthan gum and flour, then add; adding water to create a dough consistency.
- Using a spoon, scoop small balls of dough, and place in boiling water. boil for about 8 minutes (all dumplings should be at the top of the pot.
- *note: i used a pot that was a little small, so I scooped out the veggies/chicken and did the dumplings in the broth, then added them back in once the dumplings were created.
I wish I'd had the cauliflower and green beans on hand, but since I didn't, I used just the dumpling portion of this recipe. However, I'm giving it 5 stars because I can see that the soup will be very good as well and I can't wait to try it. For the soup this time, I used Gluten Free Turkey/Chicken Noodle Soup (Gluten Free Turkey/Chicken Noodle Soup), without the noodles. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Laurie! :)