Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great mix to have on hand to make up a quick batch of fresh baked muffins and you can use just about any mix of dried fruit and nuts to make great moist Breakfast Muffins.They freeze well and are great for travel snacks as well.
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with wire whisk.
- Store mix in airtight container.
- To Make 12 Muffins.
- 2 cups flour mix.
- 4 eggs.
- 5 tablespoons extra light olive oil.
- 1- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple.
- 5 tablespoons apple juice.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 2 to 3 cups any combination of chopped dried fruit, nuts and seeds you wish. ie:dried apricots, dates, raisins, dried cranberries, currants, coconut, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts,pecans, etc.
- Put 2 cups flour mix in large bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl and add remaining wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add fruit and nuts, mix well to combine and stir well into dry ingredients.
- Scoop into greased or paper lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup measure.
- Bake at 350°F 20 to 23 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pans right away and cool on wire rack.
These were extremely delicious warm from the oven and worth making for sure if you eat them right off. But got dry wrapped in foil right after cooled by the next day (typical of most gluten free muffins I think). This mix makes more than 12 large muffins but it makes exactly 12 large muffins if you follow the directions in the instructions for 2 cups of the mix. I used white rice flour a Thai sweet rice flour, gf baking powder, the sea salt, instead of xanathan gum I used guar gum in equal amount to be corn free. Also instead of splenda I used white sugar in a bit higher amount as I understand splenda is sweeter(?) I used canola oil as I did not have extra light olive oil and a little of a different juice as I did not have apple juice on hand. I used vanilla paste for the vanilla to be alcohol free. For the dried fruit/nuts/seeds I chose really sweet dried dates and walnuts in a 2 cup amount. I did use all the rest of the ingredients as listed. I would make these again for sure but when I can find a corn free, cream of tartar free, gluten free baking powder! Also when I know the muffins would be eaten straight up.