Make your own mix for easy and quick gluten free , dairy free muffins or cake. To make this recipe sugar free substitute 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. of stevia powder.
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice flour
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1⁄8 teaspoon stevia powder
To Make Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk or 1⁄3 cup water or 1⁄3 cup fruit juice
- 1⁄2 cup currants (optional) or 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup berries (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container for future use. The second ingredient is sweet white rice flour. I have tried to change it on here before. The sweet white rice flour is a bit more " glutenous than the plain white rice flour.
- Muffins - to 1 cup of mix, beat together:.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 1/3 cup of any non dairy liquid ( soy milk, water, fruit juice etc. ).
- Pour into flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- 1/2 cup currents, raisins, nuts, dates or berries etc. can be folded in at this point.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake 375 F oven for 12 - 15 minute.
- Makes 6 muffins.
- Cake - Mix as for muffins but add more sweetening ( sugar , stevia , honey etc. ).
- Eg. If you are making an orange cake use orange juice for the liquid and some orange zest.
- Spoon dough into greased 8" round cake pan.
- bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20 - 25 minute.
- Makes one 8 " round cake.
I have now made these twice and I have to say they are better than regular flour muffins! I didn't change any thing other than adding my own spices 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cloves and 1/8 tsp nutmeg per 1 cup mix.
Excellent recipe. I added extra sugar and was short some of the sweet rice flour so just added more white rice flour. I am high altitude so I used and extra tsp of baking powder and they turned out perfectly (very forgiving recipe for substitutions) Thanks for posting!
Awesome GF recipe! I made them with 1 1/2 c. mix with the wet ingredients and added choco chips. They were fabulous. So fluffy and moist. I am going to try sweet potato muffins next. Thanks for the recipe.