1/1 Photo of Gluten Free /Dairy Free Millet Fruit Scones
Suzy mom to 2's Note:
These scones do justice to the subtile, slightly sweet taste of millet flour because there's no extra sugar or spices added. Despite being whole grain, their texture is pleasantly light. This recipe was inspired by Kimberly Harris' buttermilk millet drop biscuit recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 390.
- 2Cover a baking tray with parchment paper or grease a cookie sheet.
- 3Mix first four ingredients in a large bowl, stir well using a wire whisk.
- 4Cut the butter into the flour with two knives until pea sized.
- 5Mix soy milk, egg whites and eggs. Pour into the flour mixture and mix until smooth (I used an immersion blender).
- 6Fold in dried fruits.
- 7Drop in rounded spoonfuls onto tray.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly golden.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free /Dairy Free Millet Fruit Scones
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 181.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: