1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Coconut Cookies
I came up with these while trying to make something as a Christmas gift for a friend who cannot have gluten or dairy products and these turned out pretty good (after a failed attempt at butter-free, gluten-free shortbread). I drizzled with some melted dark chocolate for a more elegant look. My friend gave it a great review, so I'm posting it here for others to enjoy. Bon apetit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the corn starch and flour in one bowl.
- 2Mix the margarine and sugar until fluffy in another bowl (I did this by hand).
- 3Add vanilla or orange extract, if using, to the margarine mixture.
- 4Add flour mixture to margarine mixture and mix until combined.
- 5Using a tablespoon measure, spoon onto a very lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
- 7This will make about 16 cookies (2" in diameter).
- 8You can drizzle with some melted chocolate after they have cooled for the extra flavor and visual effect.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Coconut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.0
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g