1 hr 5 mins
Chef# 616082's Note:
A tasty and nutritious gluten and yeast free bread. You need to start soaking the grains the night before you want to bake the bread to allow the abiant yeast in the teff time to work. It makes tasty crackers too if you slice very thinly and toast on a cookie sheet in a 300 degree oven for about 5 minutes per side. The crackers keep for a couple of weeks in tupperware. If you blend the crackers and add some parsley and seasonings it makes great bread crumbs as well. For the information of Chef #257341 There is no yeast in apple cider vinegar, just apples. If you can tolerant teff, you can tolerant soaked teff. As a matter of fact, it is a good practice to soak all grains in an acid like buttermilk to ease digestion, especially if you have digestion issues.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup teff, ground
- 1 1/4 cups brown rice flour (or 3/4 brown rice 1/2 cup gf oats)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup almond milk, soured with
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar (or water)
- 1/2 cup sorghum
- 1/2 cup almonds, ground
- 1 cup tapioca (or other starch)
- 1/4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1 ounce chia seeds, ground (two tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons guar gum or 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Before bed in a medium non-metalic bowl whisk the first four dry ingredients well. Blend in the soured almond milk, cover tightly with saran wrap and leave in oven with the light on.
- 2The next day, in a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup water with ground chia seeds and stir very well until an even paste is reached. Stir in the egg yolks, oil (warmed if you use coconut) and two teaspoons of cider vinegar if soured almond milk wasn't used in the first step.
- 3In a medium bowl mix sorghum, ground almonds, tapioca, ground flax, guar gum, baking powder and soda and salt mixing well.
- 4Mix the wet ingredients with the dry and gingerly mix both with the soaked grains from the oven being careful to keep as much lift as possible.
- 5In a mixer beat the egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Fold carefully into the completed mixture and turn into a greased and floured loaf pan. Level with a spoon dipped in hot water and slash down the middle with a knife.
- 6Let dough sit while oven preheats to 350 degrees then cook for between 35 and 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten and Yeast and Dairy Free Multigrain Bread
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 218.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: