For the food-allergic set; tasty even for the regular guy. My husband and four year old (who hates everything) really liked these, as did I. You can serve these with a side of grated cheese for those who are able to have it. This sounds a little odd when you are following the directions, but it turns out amazing, I promise.
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped (can microwave it)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rice milk, coconut milk beverage (not canned)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch chili powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch pepper
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (including juices)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 9 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put cornstarch and water into a large pot. Stir thoroughly. Add the remaining liquid, seasonings, and salt. Bring to a boil, and let simmer until it starts to get hot and thickens very slightly (will be runny).
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, and corn. Stir, then add the tortilla pieces.
- Place into an ungreased 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- (This can also be cooked on the stove for about 10 minutes.).