1/1 Photo of Gluten- and Dairy-Free Chicken Enchiladas
Laura Meehan's Note:
For the food-allergic set; tasty even for the regular guy. My husband and four year old (who hates everything) really liked these, as did I. You can serve these with a side of grated cheese for those who are able to have it. This sounds a little odd when you are following the directions, but it turns out amazing, I promise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped (can microwave it)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rice milk, coconut milk beverage (not canned)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch pepper
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (including juices)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 9 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Put cornstarch and water into a large pot. Stir thoroughly. Add the remaining liquid, seasonings, and salt. Bring to a boil, and let simmer until it starts to get hot and thickens very slightly (will be runny).
- 3Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, and corn. Stir, then add the tortilla pieces.
- 4Place into an ungreased 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 5(This can also be cooked on the stove for about 10 minutes.).
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten- and Dairy-Free Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.1
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 690.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: