This is a flavorful, filling and simple soup. It is hearty enough to serve as a main dish, just add a green salad. The sweet potato gives it extra body and rounds out the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons crushed gingerroot (fresh)
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed by 1/2 inch
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- ground black pepper (I use a lot and this gives it a little bite)
- 1In a stock pot, sauté the onions in the olive oil until translucent.
- 2Add the ginger, mix.
- 3Add carrots, sauté 3 minutes.
- 4Add sweet potato, sauté 3 minutes.
- 5Add rice, mix together.
- 6Add chicken stock and remaining ingredients and let simmer 25 minutes.
- 7Puree mixture and return to stock pot.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Carrot Soup - Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: