Chef #455274's Note:
Yummy flat bread! Quick and easy for the allergy sensitive and economy minded person.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind first 3 ingredients, separately 1/4 c at a time for best results, in a spice/coffee grinder until finely ground and powdery.
- 2Dump them in a medium bowl.
- 3Add baking powder and salt. Mix together with whisk, sifter, or hands.
- 4Add oil and 1/2 the water. Mix well until forms a loose ball.Adding water as needed.
- 5Separate out 2Tb size portions.
- 6Roll into 8 tight balls. Flatten and then press between wax paper as you shape into a round or oval about 1/4 inch thick.
- 7Place on a medium height griddle, or skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes each side or until dry looking and lightly browned or blackened in spots per your preference. Blackened to me tastes more like Naan.
- 8I used short grain brown rice for mine and tapioca pearls. Recipezaar didn't recognize it.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flat Bread: Gluten-Free Wheat-Free Dairy-Free, Lactose-Free, Nut
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 171.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g