Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
And easy, dairy free fish chowder.
Make and share this Fish Chowder - Dairy Free recipe from Food.com.
- Simmer fish in water until it flakes easily, about 5 minutes.
- Remove fish with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add sliced potato to fish water, cover and simmer until cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon the bacon in a small fry pan when done remove bacon and cook onions in bacon fat until lightly browns.
- Remove pan from heat and crumble the bacon over the onions.
- When potatoes are tender, add the fish, onion and bacon.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper, add margarine.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.