Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I threw these cookies together yesterday for a family dinner. My fiance thinks they are the best cookies I've ever made - very soft and a little crumbly. I didn't actually measure each ingredient as I tend to eyeball certain things but I've been baking for years so my approximations are usually close!
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir dry mixture into creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto prepared sheets and bake, one sheet at a time, for about 8 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to drying rack.