Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I threw these cookies together yesterday for a family dinner. My fiance thinks they are the best cookies I've ever made - very soft and a little crumbly. I didn't actually measure each ingredient as I tend to eyeball certain things but I've been baking for years so my approximations are usually close!
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir dry mixture into creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto prepared sheets and bake, one sheet at a time, for about 8 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to drying rack.
Made these this afternoon and were very tasty. I used brown sugar instead of white, and it tasted like a fluffy graham cracker. We also used light dairy free margarine which may be why they turned out fluffy. The only real negative I have about this recipe is they fell apart into crumbles. They definitely needed 1 tsp of xanthan gum. Very happy to have found a recipe that is gluten free and vegan!
I love these! Used King Arthur gluten-free multi-purpose flour in place of the plain rice flour. Didn't find the batter to be runny. Used 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips and it was plenty. Also, I didn't have parchment paper so I just baked them on an ungreased cookie sheet & they came out perfect.