Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
found on yahoo.com The margarine is not margarine it is Nuttexlex but they would not except this ingreadent this is an alternative to margarine found in australian supermarkets that has no dairy in it.
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup polyunsaturated margarine (Nuttelex)
- pink food coloring
- blue food coloring
- cakemate colored sprinkles, to decorate
- 1 cup polyunsaturated margarine (Nuttelex)
- 3 cups powdered sugar icing
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases (1/3-cup capacity).
- Place flour, sugar, water, oil and table spread in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed, until ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth. Increase speed to high and continue beating for about 2 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Divide cake batter evenly between two bowls. Tint one half pink and remaining half blue using food colourings. Spoon tablespoons of mixture, alternately, into holes of prepared pans. Run a skewer through batter to create a marbled effect.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand cakes in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make frosting, beat table spread in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in icing-sugar until well combined. Add water and beat until smooth.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm-fluted tube. Pipe frosting onto tops of cakes.
- Serve cakes sprinkled with confetti decors.
Just a note- Nuttelex is a vegan margarine/ butter substitute. It's gluten, lactose, dairy and nut free. I use it in place of butter