Definitely a five star recipe that's base I found on another recipe site http://allrecipes.com where it had many rave reviews. I fixed it to be dairy & corn free. DH and I give this 5 stars. This is excellent served with my Bananas With Coconut Milk (Gluten Free) using the maple syrup option or drop a few blueberries on top of each pancake before flipping. They are already delicious with pure maple alone. These work with variations such as a delicious incorporation of chopped or mashed banana, alcohol free vanilla and a dash of coconut milk to taste almost like banana fritters. Enjoy them whichever way you choose!
- 1 cup rice flour (brown or white or mix of both)
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1⁄3 cup potato starch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon guar gum
- 2 eggs (May egg replacer to be egg free)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (I use a bit of both) or 3 tablespoons applesauce (I use a bit of both)
- 2 cups water
- maple syrup, for serving
- blueberries, a handful of (optional to add before flipping cakes)
- In a bowl, mix or sift together the rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and guar gum. Stir in eggs, water, and oil or apple sauce until well blended and few lumps remain.
- Heat a large, well-oiled skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Spoon batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles begin to form. Flip, and continue cooking until golden brown on bottom. Serve with real maple syrup on your choice of topping.