Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Although this recipe is not vegan, as it contains eggs, I'm sure it can easily be altered to suit a vegan diet using egg substitute. As someone who only recently began cutting dairy from my diet, I found the taste and texture almost identical to the real thing!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a blender, combine and blend tofu and soy milk until very smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, cinnamon and mace.
- Add eggs.
- Add pumpkin, making sure mixture is well blended.
- Add tofu/soy milk mixture and blend well.
- Pour into pie shells.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 and continue baking for another 30 minutes or until center is firm and crust has browned.
- Let cool completely before eating.
This was one of three non-diary pumpkin pie recipes I compared. It was a pretty good substitute for a classic pumpkin pie with dairy. The flavor was quite good, though the texture is quite firm due to the tofu. If you prefer a very firm pie but not strong custard flavor, this pie will satisfy you.
I compared it with #340474 and #329506