Although this recipe is not vegan, as it contains eggs, I'm sure it can easily be altered to suit a vegan diet using egg substitute. As someone who only recently began cutting dairy from my diet, I found the taste and texture almost identical to the real thing!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a blender, combine and blend tofu and soy milk until very smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, cinnamon and mace.
- Add eggs.
- Add pumpkin, making sure mixture is well blended.
- Add tofu/soy milk mixture and blend well.
- Pour into pie shells.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 and continue baking for another 30 minutes or until center is firm and crust has browned.
- Let cool completely before eating.