Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a wonderful THICK pudding-style dessert that I love to eat. It is SO nice to have something that I can enjoy that doesn't contain dairy products!! :-) Cook time is unknown. To be honest with you I didn't think to time it! Its an estimate, so please know that cooking time is not exact!
- In a medium saucepan, combine soymilk, cornstarch, brown sugar, vanilla and salt with a whisk.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips.
- Keeping stirring until the chocolate chips have melted into the pudding.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then put into whatever you wish to chill it in, and refrigerate for several hours.
Move over Jello, because this is my new favorite pudding! It's so easy to make, and it's really rich and chocolatey. I made it exactly as directed, and it was enjoyed by my whole family, although we each ate so much we only got 3 servings out of it! Thanks for a great non-dairy dessert, Angela!
This is a very tasty pudding. I made it with Organic Valley chocolate soy milk and Ghirardelli chocolate chips (which are vegan like many semi-sweet chips). I don't recommend the Ghiradelli chocolate chips; they're better than Hershey's or Tollhouse, but still not very high quality. When I make this again, I will use a Trader Joe's Pound Plus chocolate bar. The pudding is very rich, but I suspect we'll need another batch very soon. Next time I will try omitting the sugar (because it is quite sweet). The pudding was lumpy in spots, but perhaps I cooked it a little too long; I'm happy to keep experimenting! Thanks!
Fantastic! I frequently get chocolate cravings and this is the perfect guilt-free yet satisfying solution. I like it sprinkled with some nuts (chopped walnuts or sliced almonds) and occasionally a dollop of whipped cream (I eat dairy). Thanks for posting this!