1/1 Photo of Deep Dark Chocolate Chestnut Cookies, Gluten and Dairy Free
My Private Note
small c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chestnut flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest, organic
- 3/8 cup light cane sugar
- 3/8 cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave, set aside.
- 2Whisk together flours, salt, cocoa and baking soda. Chestnut flour tends to be lumpy, so make sure to sift it.
- 3Beat sugars, orange zest and margarine until well combined, then stirr in eggs one at a time. Beat until considerably lighter in colour and creamy consistancy.
- 4Fold in dry ingredients with a rubber spatula while pouring in melted chocolate slowly. Mixture will thicken up just enough to spoon it into a cookie press. If you find batter too thin put it in the fridge for a few minutes.
- 5Use your cookie press at the smalles setting, if it has that. Bigger cookies will be chewy, not crisp.
- 6Freeze unbaked cookies on a silpat or sheet of baking paper. I always prepare a big batch so I can pop the desired amount of cookies in the oven when convenient (usually after doing some other baking ;-)).
- 7Preheat oven to 320.
- 8Place frozen cookies on a greased cookie sheet, leaving 1 inch between cookies.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes in the center of the oven.
- 10Turn oven off, leaving cookies in there for at least half an hour or more.
- 11Let cool completely and enjoy. Will keep very well in an airtigh container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Dark Chocolate Chestnut Cookies, Gluten and Dairy Free
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 36.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light cane sugar