I found this recipe in a Super Food Ideas magazine...it's so colourful, very yum and is a good healthy meal. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g spiral pasta
- 250 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (425 g) can tuna, drained
- 80 g margarine
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 4 cups soymilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 3 anchovies, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (or 180°C fan forced).
- 2Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet directions.
- 3In the last 2 minutes of cooking the pasta, add the broccoli. Drain and place back into the pot.
- 4Heat the oil in a large fry pan and add the mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add to the pasta mixture.
- 5Stir the tomatoes and tuna into the pasta mixture.
- 6Melt the margarine in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until the mixture is bubbling. Gradually stir in the milk and bring to the boil.
- 7Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thickened and smooth.
- 8Stir the sauce into the pasta mixture and mix well to combine. Spoon into a large baking dish.
- 9Heat the extra oil in a fry pan and cook the garlic and anchovies until fragrant. Add the breadcrumbs, stirring to combine.
- 10Spread the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the pasta mixture.
- 11Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and heated through.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy-Free Tuna Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.7
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 593.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 37.2 g