Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I sometimes make a topping of breadcrumbs sauteed in butter, or use crushed up potato chips.
Make and share this Dairy Free Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups non-dairy milk substitute
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dairy-free plain yogurt or 1 cup dairy-free sour cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bag egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package for use in casseroles. Drain.
- Microwave "milk" until hot.
- Melt margarine in skillet. Saute onion, mushroom and celery until onions are translucent.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Stir until combined and thick.
- Slowly add hot milk, stirring continuously until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat to cool.
- Mix together noodles, tuna, peas, yogurt or sour cream and cooled mushroom soup. Pour into casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake 30 minutes.