I sometimes make a topping of breadcrumbs sauteed in butter, or use crushed up potato chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups non-dairy milk substitute
- 4 1/2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 4 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dairy-free plain yogurt or 1 cup dairy-free sour cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bag egg noodles
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook noodles according to package for use in casseroles. Drain.
- 3Microwave "milk" until hot.
- 4Melt margarine in skillet. Saute onion, mushroom and celery until onions are translucent.
- 5Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Stir until combined and thick.
- 6Slowly add hot milk, stirring continuously until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat to cool.
- 7Mix together noodles, tuna, peas, yogurt or sour cream and cooled mushroom soup. Pour into casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 8Bake 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy Free Tuna Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 267.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-dairy milk substitute