Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very refreshing and healthy drink! You can adjust the quantities to your taste. Prep time doesn't include freezing the fruit.
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 mangoes, peeled, diced and frozen
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or honey)
- 2 cups orange juice (or more, depending on how thick you want your smoothie) or 2 cups other 100% fruit juice (or more, depending on how thick you want your smoothie)
- Put the strawberries in a blender and mix well.
- Add the mangoes and bananas and blend well (using the ice crush button, if necessary). If the mixture is too dry to process you can already add some of the juice, but not all. The mixture has to become smooth, without chunks of fruit.
- Gradually add the rest of the orange juice, the lemon juice and sugar, and blend well till very smooth, for two minutes or so.
This is my favorite smoothie combination.
Refreshing fruit smoothie. For 1 large serving, I used 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 fresh banana, and 1/2 cup each frozen strawberries and mango. Not sure if the lemon juice is really needed. Will be a nice treat during the hot summer months. Made and reviewed for PAC Spring 2009.
This was very good! I used frozen strawberries and fresh banana and mango. Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag.