1/1 Photo of Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie
Chef #1049412's Note:
My great grandmother from England always made the best pumpkin pie, and the recipe has been passed along in the family for generations. When I became lactose intolerant, I was depressed by the notion that I would no longer be able to enjoy the pie at Thanksgiving because the original recipe was loaded with dairy. After a lot of experimentation and testing, I successfully converted the family recipe to a dairy free version I can enjoy, while maintaining the flavor and consistency of the pie that has made it such a hit. Family members who have tasted this new version were unable to tell a difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup soft silken tofu
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons fleischmans unsalted margarine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg white (stiffly beaten)
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 1In a blender, combine the silken tofu and honey until smooth, adding small quantities of soy milk until mixture has the consistency of sweetened condensed milk.
- 2Combine pumpkin, tofu mixture, sugar, salt, butter, and spices in a sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until margarine has completely melted.
- 3Add egg yolks to mixture and blend well.
- 4Add lemon extract and blend inches
- 5Gently fold in stiffened egg whites and let mixture cool for a few minutes.
- 6Pour into pie crust and bake at 500 degrees for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes.
- 7Let pie cool for one hour before serving.
- 8Baking hint: To prevent edges of piecrust from burning, take a square of aluminum foil and cut an 8" or 9" hole in the center. Lay over top of pie, exposing pie mixture but covering the edges of the crust. Bake pie according to directions above.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 360.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soft silken tofu