Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
We get together with friends every week for dinner and one of them doesn't eat dairy. This recipe is based on Rosemary Black's "Make-Ahead Pizza Casserole" from the April 2009 issue of Parenting magazine.
- Spray slow cooker crock with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Veggie Shreds, pepperoni, tomatoes, and bread. Pour into slow cooker crock.
- Using same mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Add Italian seasoning and garlic.
- In small mixing bowl, stir the silken tofu with a spoon until it resembles ricotta cheese.
- Add tofu to egg mixture and beat well. Pour over bread mixture and toss to combine. Cover the slow cooker crock with foil and refrigerate at least three hours, or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Remove foil, place crock into slow cooker, and cover. Cook on high for 1 hour, then low for 3 to 4 hours, or until thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Note: You can use any kind of pizza-friendly meats and vegetables in this recipe.
- To cook in oven instead of slow cooker, use a 9X13 inch pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover casserole and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp on top.
this is good. I used regular cheese, since I'm not vegan, and turkey pepperoni to cut the fat - it never did get crunchy for me...and it looks like slop when it's served, but it does taste yummy. Thanks for sharing this, I'll definitely be making it again. Made for PAC Fall 2009