1/1 Photo of Dairy-Free Pizza Casserole
8 hrs 15 mins
We get together with friends every week for dinner and one of them doesn't eat dairy. This recipe is based on Rosemary Black's "Make-Ahead Pizza Casserole" from the April 2009 issue of Parenting magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray slow cooker crock with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, toss together the Veggie Shreds, pepperoni, tomatoes, and bread. Pour into slow cooker crock.
- 3Using same mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Add Italian seasoning and garlic.
- 4In small mixing bowl, stir the silken tofu with a spoon until it resembles ricotta cheese.
- 5Add tofu to egg mixture and beat well. Pour over bread mixture and toss to combine. Cover the slow cooker crock with foil and refrigerate at least three hours, or overnight.
- 6Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Remove foil, place crock into slow cooker, and cover. Cook on high for 1 hour, then low for 3 to 4 hours, or until thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- 7Note: You can use any kind of pizza-friendly meats and vegetables in this recipe.
- 8To cook in oven instead of slow cooker, use a 9X13 inch pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover casserole and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy-Free Pizza Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 174.6 mg
- Sodium 552.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Veggie Shreds cheese