Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I found this on the Whole Foods website and will be trying it tonight. I have been dying to make a peanut butter pie that I could enjoy but not being able to eat dairy products really limits the peanut butter pie recipes to try. Plus I am not a huge fan of cool whip.
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate crumb crusts
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, shaved
- 8 ounces soy cream cheese or 8 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup unrefined evaporated cane juice
- 1 cup soy coffee creamer
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- To prepare the pie crust: In a small sauce pan over low heat melt the chocolate. Pour the melted chocolate into the pie crust. With a spatula, spread the chocolate evenly inside the crust. Set aside.
- To prepare the filling: Combine the sugar and creamer in a bowl, stir with a spoon to blend allowing the sugar to dissolve for 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in another bowl place the cream cheese, and peanut butter. Whip at top speed, scraping down the sides until creamy, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Using the electric mixer whip the creamer and sugar on high until frothy, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle in the xanthan gum and mix for a few seconds more or until dissolved. Pour the cream mixture into the peanut butter mixture and gently stir and fold to blend. Spoon the filling into the prepared pie crust and top with the shaved chocolate. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.