Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Your classic meatball without milk or parmesan. You can even leave the egg out if you want. I got this recipe from tastykitchen.com. My family loved them.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon real sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to coat aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place all ingredients except olive oil into a large bowl and mix together using your hands. Once it looks like the onions are well distributed throughout, you can probably stop.
- Place a layer of aluminum foil on a rimmed baking sheet. Thinly coat with the olive oil.
- Begin to shape the meatballs using a small handful of the mixture, placing each one on the oiled sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, until cooked through. Drain on a towel (or not).
- Serve hot or in marinara sauce over noodles.