1 hr 15 mins
Tomato sauce, layered with lasagna, eggplant and spinach. Topped with zucchini and baked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more if needed
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/4in slices
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, halved, seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 3/4 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 5 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed drained and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1Heat 1tbs of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the zucchini and cook for 3 minutes Turn into a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- 2Heat another tbs of the oil in the pan and cook the eggplant slices for about 3-5 mins on each side until golden. Remove and set aside.
- 3Add the onions, red pepper and garlic to the pan with more oil if needed.
- 4and soften gently. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and suagr and bring to a boil.
- 5Simmer for 10 mins until thickened, stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Spoon one third of the tomato sauce into a large ovenproof dish and cover with one third of the lasagna. Add the eggplant, then half the remaining tomato sauce.
- 7Add half the remaining lasagna then the spinach. Add the remaining lasagna and tomato sauce and top with an overlapping layer of zucchini slices.
- 8Bake in a preheated oven at 375F for 35 mins or until the pasta is tender and the top is golden.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dairy Free Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.7
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 333.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles