Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tomato sauce, layered with lasagna, eggplant and spinach. Topped with zucchini and baked.
Make and share this Dairy Free Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more if needed
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/4in slices
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, halved, seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 3⁄4 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 5 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed drained and seasoned with salt and pepper
- Heat 1tbs of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the zucchini and cook for 3 minutes Turn into a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat another tbs of the oil in the pan and cook the eggplant slices for about 3-5 mins on each side until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onions, red pepper and garlic to the pan with more oil if needed.
- and soften gently. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and suagr and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 mins until thickened, stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon one third of the tomato sauce into a large ovenproof dish and cover with one third of the lasagna. Add the eggplant, then half the remaining tomato sauce.
- Add half the remaining lasagna then the spinach. Add the remaining lasagna and tomato sauce and top with an overlapping layer of zucchini slices.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375F for 35 mins or until the pasta is tender and the top is golden.